Konos Inc. is a privately held food manufacturer who ships shell eggs all over the world. The company produces more than 60 million dozen shell eggs per year for food service and retail use with the help of 120+ employees. This position is located in Martin, MI.
- To provide excellent customer service and sales over the phone, through email and with customers, as required.
- To be familiar and knowledgeable about all shell egg options.
- To interact directly with independent store owners and distributors to sell eggs and service small to mid level accounts.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Problem-solve with the confidence and ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on time-sensitive issues with exceptional attention to detail.
- Follow through on customer complaints with appropriate corrective actions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ride alongs with sales staff that represent Konos customer base to provide supplemental knowledge and product options to customers.
- Attend food shows, present egg options, prepare eggs, and introduce new egg products to the market.
- Complete tasks efficiently and accurately, and to accomplish and report daily job duties with minimal supervision.
- The customer service representative will work a traditional first shift but some night, weekend, and overnight travel will be required.
- The position is mostly on the road completing customer visits (Michigan and Illinois) with 5 to 10 hours in the office per week.
- One day or more per week may be scheduled as a ‘special projects’ day and will allow for work beyond the scope of regular customer service representative work, as outlined below, depending on the needs of the business.
- This position is a 40 hours/wk (5 days) varying days and times.
- This may be adjusted as necessary to accommodate shift coverage in other areas of operations or trip departures.
- Store visits to manage customer relationships, stock and product availability.
- New customer setup.
- Setting and completing personal as well as set monthly goals.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- A strong and experienced background in sales and customer service.
- The ability to prioritize and manage several tasks.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
Compensation and Benefits
- Health and Dental Insurance
- A cell phone can be provided or a compensation plan for cell phone usage
- Life Insurance of $15,000 and Short Term Disability provided at no cost to employee
- Eligible to contribute to 401k plan after 1 year of employment, subject to maximum allowed by federal government
- Company matched contribution 100% up to 4% of gross pay
- 2 flats of eggs with every paycheck